Just like any other human being, you’re probably here because you love pancakes. There can be a variety of ways to play with your favorite fluffy breakfast meal and, if you’re into diets, having an Alkaline Pancake could be your next experiment in the kitchen. With the various trendy diets these days you will get your head spinning if you attempt to try them all.
If you are curious about what an alkaline diet is and how your pancakes can fit into the picture, read on for some background on the diet, in general, and the delectable pancakes that can complete your experience.
What Is The Alkaline Diet?
An alkaline diet relies on the idea that certain foods make the body produce acid, which can be detrimental to it. In this kind of diet, you eat the foods and drinks that change the acid levels of the body. These are also referred to as pH levels. The pH scale is how you can measure the acidic or basic content in your body on a scale of 0-14. Anything that has alkaline in it will be on the basic end of the scale. The numbers usually go beyond 7.
All of these changes are believed to boost your health and increase your chances of losing weight. If you are thinking about going on an alkaline diet or any diet, it is essential to talk to a healthcare professional before doing so. Luckily, there are many foods included in this diet such as whole grains, vegetables, beans or lentils, and seeds.
Is This The Same As Drinking Alkaline Water?
While drinking alkaline water can certainly go hand in hand with taking on an alkaline diet, this is more of an addition than a staple. The focus of an alkaline diet is first and foremost to choose healthy foods that are low in acidity. Alkaline water can help in the endeavor but is not the sole component of this eating pattern. That is why the recipe today can be a great food to pair with your alkaline water should you choose to drink it.
Today’s Recipe: Alkaline – Blueberry Spelt Pancakes
If you are looking for the latest viral healthy food on the internet the answer is Alkaline Blueberry Spelt Pancakes. This breakfast takes on an alkaline meal as the combination of everything good in the world: fruits, pancakes, and whole grains. It’s absolutely tasty but healthy too. You can experiment with different approved fruits or refer to Dr. Sebi’s list of possible types of flours and other ingredients to shake up the recipe.
But wait, what is spelt? Spelt is one of the best-kept secrets that alkaline diet users enjoy. It is greatly related to wheat but can keep your body at its proper pH level because of its high phosphorus level. Now that you know more about one of the core ingredients of this recipe, let’s start mixing.
What Do You Need?
- 1 large bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon
- 2 cups Spelt Flour
- 1 cup Hemp Milk or Approved Nut Milk
- 1/2 cup Alkaline Water (optional)
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Agave
- 1 Banana (optional, in small chunks)
- 1 capful Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Moss or Dr. Sebi’s Plus Bromide Powder (optional- you can use sea moss gel bit it could make your batter too sticky)
- 2 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- Grapeseed Oil
- Get your large bowl and put your spelt flour, hemp seeds, agave, sea moss (of your choice), and grapeseed oil. Please make sure NOT to add the hemp milk at this time as this can create lumps when mixed in with the grapeseed oil directly. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup of hemp milk and then pour the alkaline water until you have the consistency to your liking. The more water you add the lighter the batter will be. If you want it to have some bulk, less water is ideal.
- Place the blueberries and fruits of your choice such as bananas. Fold them into the batter.
- Heat your pan to reach a medium heat. Brush some grapeseed oil on its surface.
- Pour your batter into the pan. Cook each side for 3-5 minutes each.
- Plate your pancakes and add some visual appeal with blueberries on the side.
- If you would like your pancakes fully cooked you can have your oven at 350 °F for just a few minutes.
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Starting it right might mean digging into a scrumptious and healthy batch of alkaline blueberry pancakes. Make it your own with your very own choice of fruits and other additional ingredients. Along with spelt flour to make the whole recipe truly in line with the alkaline diet philosophy, you will be sure to come across something quick, easy, and enjoyable.