Here is a list of the healthiest vegan black-owned restaurants in the City of Atlanta.
If you are anything like me, you love the fact that since 2019 Atlanta has flooded the vegan market with tons of options from Vegan Soul food, to vegan pizza, vegan kale wraps, and all of the vegan options at non-vegan restaurants.
But if you are still like me, you prioritize the healthier vegan restaurants over the others. Some people go vegan for the animals, some for the environment, or maybe a chronic health condition that forced you into it. But some of us want more than vegan, we need it to be healthy as well. With restaurants like Slutty Vegan I think it is safe to say ATL has nailed vegan fast food. Now I want to highlight some black-owned restaurants that focus in on nutrition, health, and wellness.
- Life Bistro – Life Bistro is the only vegan and alkaline friendly fine dining restaurant in Atlanta. There are tons of Dr. Sebi approved alkaline options and substitutes as well as Cold-Pressed Juice, Ginger shots, and organic Coffee. Come here to find your favorite comfort foods from around the world veganized and alkalized. www.lifebistroatl.com
- Wadada Healthy Market & Juice Bar – Come here for some amazing smoothies, juices, and vegan ice cream. They also have some of the best Jamaican Patties you have ever tasted. There are different vendors featured every day selling hot food and products. They also support many local black businesses through their marketplace. https://www.wadadaatl.com/
- Alkaline King – If you are on the Northside of town you have to checkout this spot. Located in Tucker, they make alkaline pizzas, salads, calzones and their own hemp seed ranch dressing. The chef here is serious about making all of the food he offers alkaline. https://www.alkalinekingpizza.com/
- Lovin’ It Live – Still one of my favorite places to eat healthy located in the city of East Point. This restaurant is all raw but you wouldn’t be able to tell with the savory sage burger, and raw pizzas. A family feel with some of your favorite foods from childhood reimagined. https://www.lovingitlive.com/
- Plant-Based Pizzeria – These folks have nailed vegan pizza and they consistently have gotten better since their opening back in 2019. The spelt dough is alkaline and you can even add peached to your pizza. Just opened its second location in Sandy Springs so check them out if you are OTP or in midtown. https://www.plantbasedpizzeria.net/
- Tassili’s Raw Reality – The home of arguably the best Kale Wrap in the city. Another raw vegan place with kale wraps bigger than your arm along with some raw desserts and ginger juices. Don’t forget to grab your popcorn as they are one of the few places in the city with that vegan snack loaded with spices and nooch. https://www.tassilisrawreality.com/
Written by: Issa Prescott