Overnight oats were all the craze in the last few years, there are a million ways to make them, and some of them taste more like a dessert than breakfast. Unfortunately, not everyone is a fan of the texture and taste of oats. It is time for a new breakfast staple to take the lead position in our lives, this time it is smoothies.
If you are not a breakfast person and opt-in for a coffee instead, or you’re simply tired of the traditional breakfast options, you may want to consider replacing your usual breakfast with a nutritious and delicious vegan smoothie instead. Smoothies are a great option for those of us that have busy mornings or need an afternoon pick me up. They are packed with nutritious ingredients that are sure to not only keep you satiated but also provide you with your daily dose of vitamins without the hassle of a salad.
When it comes to smoothies, options are limitless. You can mix and match fruits and vegetables, alternate the different plant-based milk you use as the liquid, or even opt-in for a juice in the place of milk. The best part is, you can add other ingredients such as nuts and grains that are sure to keep you feeling full for hours.
Helpful Tips for Happy Smoothie Making
– Instead of buying already frozen fruits and vegetables, buy them in bulk from stores such as Sam’s Club or Costco and freeze them yourself, it is not only cheaper but the fruit is fresh and ripe.
– Prepare your smoothie ingredients ahead of time by placing them in a Ziploc bag and freezing them. That way, whenever you are ready to make your smoothie, you simply pop it in a blender, add milk or other liquid, and you are all set. The least work required the better it sounds to us!
– For a more nutritious and filling smoothie, consider adding protein powder or oats, this will ensure that you stay full and avoid snacking until lunchtime.
Our Favorite Vegan Smoothie Recipes You Need to Try
Vegan Mango Smoothie
Mango is by far one of our favorite fruits, so there is no surprise that this delicious mango smoothie ended up on our top 5 smoothie list. The mix of sweet and tangy that mangoes bring, especially when you add a squeeze of lemon juice is sure to leave you feeling refreshed and satisfy your sweet tooth! The simple recipe, consisting of only 4 ingredients is a must-have for hot summer days!
To make this smoothie you only need 4 simple ingredients and a blender:
– Frozen or fresh mango: Although our preference is to use frozen mango for the simple convenience of it as well as the additional coldness, you can substitute it for fresh mango and add ice instead.
– Banana: Bananas are essential to smoothies for their added sweetness and creamy texture
– Milk: Any non-dairy milk will do the trick, so use the one you have at home, or substitute it for water.
– Lemon: Lemon juice brings out the sweetness and tanginess of the mango and makes the smoothie taste refreshing.
– Ice (optional): If you opt-in to use fresh fruit rather than frozen ones, ice can make your smoothie colder and icier in texture.
Vegan Peanut Butter Smoothie
If you are anything like us and have a sweet tooth, this smoothie will satisfy all the cravings. The creamy texture and sweetness of this smoothie will have you coming back for more. Not only is it naturally sweet, but it is also extremely easy to make as it requires only 3 ingredients!
Bananas: Bananas in this case are used for the sweetness and creaminess of the smoothie
Milk: This step is completely customizable, use the milk of your choice. Our favorite is oat milk for its creamy texture!
Peanut Butter: Preferably, use creamy peanut butter rather than chunky, but to each their own!
Caramel Drizzle (optional): To make the smoothie even fancier and more dessert-like, drizzle some caramel sauce on top. Trust us, it’ll replace all your milkshake favorites!
Vegan Green Smoothie
Green smoothies are either loved or hated, and we will make sure you love ours! If you are worried about the taste of the green ingredients, worry not, we figured out a perfect way to mask them into this delicious and nutritious drink!
Bananas: The sweetness of bananas will cover up the remaining ingredients if you are not a fan of kale or spinach.
Kale and/or spinach: You can use both, or opt-in for one of them, you can also use mixed greens, this is what will give your smoothie the bright green color.
Berries: Any berries will do, but our favorites are strawberries.
Milk: Any non-dairy milk option will work great with this smoothie.
Vegan Pineapple Smoothie
A pineapple smoothie simply screams vacation! The tanginess of pineapple mixed with the sweetness of coconut milk is a perfect replacement for a virgin Pina Colada.
Pineapple: Frozen pineapple is the key ingredient that gives the smoothie a frothy and tangy taste
Avocado: In this version of our smoothie, we opted-in for avocado rather than a banana. Avocados are filled with nutrients and give the smoothie a creamy texture without much flavor.
Coconut milk: Coconut milk is the perfect dairy-free milk for this smoothie. It really gives this drink a beach vacation taste!
Lemon or Lime: Lemon or lime both work to accentuate the flavors and make the smoothie even more refreshing.
Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Smoothies
A vegan smoothie take on a classic dessert. If you are a fan of chocolate-covered strawberries, prepare to be amazed by this chocolate strawberry smoothie.
Strawberries: The key ingredient here is frozen strawberries, that’s half of the smoothie right there!
Cocoa Powder: Whether you use dark cocoa or regular cocoa powder is a personal preference. 1 tablespoon should be enough to avoid a chalky taste.
Milk: Any non-dairy milk will work, but our favorite is oat milk!
We hope that these recipes will soon find your way into your daily breakfast repertoire and that you love them as much as we do!